Monitoring is essential to keep your BizTalk environments healthy and running smoothly. With monitoring you have a couple of options. Either using System Center Operation Manager, a combination of SCOM and third party tooling or solely use third party tooling.
2. An alternative monitoring solution is BizTalk360, which you can combine with using SCOM. This means you can have best of both worlds.
3. In case your enterprise does not have SCOM or is planning to deploy SCOM, BizTalk360 itself can be an excellent choice for monitoring BizTalk environments.
To efficiently monitor a BizTalk environment people with different roles are involved like:
· System Administrator,
· Database Administrator and
· BizTalk Administrator.
Each has different needs for information to be able to resolve or prevent issues. BizTalk360 can aid in full filling the needs for a BizTalk administrator as it will give him/her the fine grained detail of the environment and in-depth information. Besides that it has many capabilities onboard that SCOM lacks. For instance fine grained governance, throttling analyzer, Message Box Viewer Reports and Graphical Message View. The productivity of a BizTalk administrator can be dramatically enhanced using BizTalk360. BizTalk360 is provided by Kovia ltd and about to release the fifth release. The new capabilities are:
• Monitoring Dashboard
• Backup – Disaster Recovery configuration visualizer
• Process monitoring for receive locations and send ports (aka silence/inactivity monitoring)
• HP Operation Manager Integration
• Support for Message Box Viewer (MBV) 12
• Run MBV anytime directly from UI
• New Event Viewer notification channel • Disable individual alerts
• Better applications loading time
• Improved Environment/Platform setting dashboard loading time
• Improved monitoring service performance
The new capabilities and improvements represent another cycle of evolution this product is going under. Which means that it continues to grow to a fully-fledged product with an outstanding set of capabilities for monitoring your BizTalk environment. BizTalk360 supports BizTalk versions 2006 and up. You can download the BizTalk360 version 5 Beta now and try it yourself on your local or test BizTalk environment.